While there is no doubt the Internet is a valuable resource, one must be vigilant to ensure information obtained is of good quality. Authors of veterinary health related topics found on the internet are not required to adhere to any standards for medical content or accuracy and it can be difficult to separate the good from the bad. To help you with this we have put together the following short list of web sites for further information. Happy surfing!
Regulatory and professional bodies:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency: www.inspection.gc.ca
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association: www.canadianveterinarians.net
- College of Veterinarians of Ontario: www.cvo.org
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs: www.omafra.gov.on.ca
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Association: www.ovma.org
- Ontario Veterinary College: www.ovc.uoguelph.ca
- Toronto Academy of Veterinary Medicine: www.tavm.org
- Hills: www.hillspet.ca
- Royal Canin: www.royalcanin.ca
- Idexx Laboratories: www.idexx.ca
- Antech Diagnostics: www.antechdiagnostics.com
Please Note: WRAC is not responsible for information provided on external websites.